Cooking Mama is a mini-mobile video game that simulates cookery and belongs to the Cooking Mama series of games. The compilation game is built for the iOS and Nintendo DS platforms by the Office Create game developers. It was then published by Majesco Entertainment, 505 Games, and Taita. Since its release, a number of other games from the same sequel have been developed. The number of players who can participate in the game at any time is between 1 and 4.
A player in Cooking Mama is given the task of preparing different meal types using the touch screen of their devices. He/she follows instructions from Mama by using the player’s finger or stylus to carry out some tasks in the kitchen. These tasks may include meat slicing, vegetable chopping, flipping food in a pan and finally making sure that they are well arranged on a plate. To perform each of the tasks, a mini-game must be completed by the player. Normally, a mini-game takes lasts not more than 10 seconds. The gameplay is structured in such a way that the player progresses from one short mini-game to the next. The total number of different dishes that can be prepared in Cooking Mama is 76. In the preparation of a meal, a mini-game is a representation of an activity such as chopping of ingredients, frying or mixing. The mechanics of a mini-game may involve a rhythm game by adjusting heat source at exactly the appropriate time or chopping items by drawing parallel lines very quickly. Most cases require the player to keep checking the DS screen top in order to get guidance for their next course of action. The player can then go to the bottom of the screen to carry out the specific task. A failure occurs when the player makes a serious mistake or does not complete a task within the stipulated duration of time in any of the mini-games. In this case, the image of an angry Mama pops up as flames erupt from her eyes. The image is captioned “Don’t worry, mama will fix it”. To complete a dish, the player can either do a single mini-game or more, not exceed a dozen. The rating of the player is done when he/she finishes a dish using the score from every mini-game. The awards are in form of medals of bronze, silver or gold. You may also like playing Angry Birds 2 for PC.
Key features of Cooking Mama
• Modes There are three modes in the mobile game. The first one is known as Let’s Cook. This is the core mode in the game in which players take part in cooking different dishes. The second mode is called Let’s Combine. Here, the player can use the unlocked recipes and combine them in order to prepare a unique meal. Lastly, there is the Use Skill mode. This last mode enables a player to mix their mini-game ingredients, tearing, peeling, and stewing, among others. • Mini-games There are many mini-games that a player can carry out. A mini-game lasts less than 10 seconds. • Preparation of dishes There is a huge variety of dishes that a player can prepare. They are roughly 76 in number. Pros • It is cheap to buy or rent
• The game’s graphics perform well in both iOS and Nintendo DS platforms
• The game is highly interactive, enabling the player to enjoy it sufficiently
• It is easy to play Cons • It becomes repetitive over time
• It is disjointed in nature
• It becomes tedious after playing it for a while
If you are a fan of cookery simulating games, you will find Cooking Mama a quite interesting and engaging game. It is one of the original great cookery games ever. Play Cooking Mama on your PC with Bluestacks.